My First Visit to Tadcaster Albion.


Saturday August 3rd 2013.



I am now looking for somewhere to start to enjoy my football again. Tadcaster Albion are within 10 miles of my home and on a bus route, so they seem to be the natural choice for a team to just go along and enjoy an afternoon. I had been to see them play against Dringhouses in a 2-2 pre season friendly at York College a few week earlier, so it was not going to be my first Brewers game. So I headed to Tadcaster to see what was what. Tadcaster Albion play in the Toolstation Northern Counties East League, Premier Division, that is at level 5 of English Non League football.

The ground is just a 5 minute walk from the bus station that is on the York to Leeds route operated by Yorkshire Coastliner. I entered the ground after I paying my £5 to get in, and the first thing I see is both teams doing their warm ups. Guisborough Town in red to the left and Tadcaster Albion in yellow to the right. I was quite happy to take part n the pre game fundraising team card, but Glasgow Rangers and Preston let me down badly on this. What followed was a very enjoyable game played out in sunny conditions. Tadcaster took the lead through Lee Stewart with a very well taken goal, before Guisborough hit back with two goals. In the later part of the first half, a thunderous Tadcaster free kick came back off the bar to be finished by Stuart Rice. So half time came with the score at 2-2 . Both teams came close in the second half, but the scoring was over for the day. The game seemed to me that it was played in quite a competitive manner and there where a few tasty tackles. The crowd I would estimate to be around 60 including a decent number of away fans who had travelled south to follow their team. You can see their banners below.

The ground has a very nice bar with 2 TVs in and the 80p freezing can of coke from the bar went down very well at half time. They did not have food for sale today due to a problem, but I look forward to a nice cheeseburger at some time in the future. The set up looked really good and I think I can enjoy some games there this season. I liked the fact that the ground was surrounded by so many trees. I really enjoyed my afternoon in the sun watching my first game at Tadcaster, and I look forward to a return journey, this maybe as early as 3 days time as they play another pre season friendly against Dunnington from York.















best

Keith Handley,
Yorkfox.


Popular posts from this blog

Simply Keith Monthly Review for February 2015.