Simply Keith Monthly Review for February 2015.

Simple Life Report : February 2015.
by Keith Handley.
Llllllllllll
This review will be done monthly under the same headings to give me some accountability.

Health.
My weight is still far too high, not enough exercise being taken. A constant battle. I am aiming to drop a few pounds but not convinced that I have my diet head on yet.

Home.
The decorating projects have stalled due to illness and Christmas but this month should be when things start to happen for the new office, back bedroom and the conservatory. There could be a problem if we take on too many projects and do them all badly rather that do one well. The new office is the priority.

Family.
We had a one night away from home for a review of where we are in different surroundings, that went well. This is important and will be repeated. Normal family crises thrown our way to try and deal with. Most things stable, but needs constant attention to try and improve and make people less dependent on us.

Finances.
There is much still to be done here, but the situation hasn't deteriorated. Christmas 2014 was just about survived. Improvement in this area is the key priority for 2015 with health. They are connected. Debt ties your hands and removes options going forward. On a bright note, we now have policies to bury us when needed, hopefully not for a while yet !

Food.
There is an ongoing project to use up food from the freezer so we can restock with food that is better for us. I am of a generation who can not just throw food out. If it is old, then the hens get it. When we get to that point where we restock, we may start with standard menus so we control our eating better, maybe on an approximate 3 week cycle. My buying has been very controlled in 2015 so far. Long term aim is an upright freezer to replace our large chest freezer.

Clothing.
I purchased 5 standard shirts for work, so that takes some thought out of what to wear in the morning. Many old clothes have been thrown out and a few new items brought in to update my look a little. I plan to change more clothes on a one in one out basis this month.

Internet & Social Media.
I am still spending too much time online, but that may change as the weather improves and I can get out more. I have suspended some of my Facebook pages which was hard and have cut the usage of my personal Facebook page down to near zero in terms of posting, less than 10 people connected to it now. Email lists cut down drastically to cut down the number of emails received. I am enjoying the audiobooks and listen to them again and again so the information sinks in.

Daily Journal.
I have changed this year from an online one to a written one and I have kept that going successfully. Some of the entries are a little shallow, but will be a good record to look back on.

Other items.
I am growing a beard as a mind game to get things done, I have to keep it until I get the tasks done over the next 2 months. We are monitoring the usage of energy to heat our rooms by using small thermometers in each room and recording on a spreadsheet. I believe we are starting to understand how the thermodynamics of the house work so we can look to improve. Some basic improvements need to be made when resources allow.

Overall.
Progress is being made but I am always impatient to make the it happen quicker. It all comes down to resources of time and money, we know what we need to do. We have to keep picking at it to move things on. We have taken 50 years to get to this point, it won't be upgraded and sorted out in a few months.

Until Next Month.

Keith Handley.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Visit to Tadcaster Albion.